‘MNN Presents: Battle Of The Bands’ is our exciting competition where band’s singles will be played and listeners will vote for their favourite track.
The top two from each heat go through to a monthly final where listeners vote for their favourite of the month to win some prizes. On top of this, each monthly winner plus the three highest runners up get entered into the annual final.
In December listeners will vote for their favourite song of the year to win a paid slot on the ‘MNN Presents: Showcase’ gig plus even more great prizes!
Winners so far: March – Midnight Drive. April – Goliath. May – Heartbreak Remedy. June – Sun Seth.
Prizes: Each monthly winner gets:
- A double sided 7″ vinyl of your single from ‘Byron’s Yard’
- Your single on each page of the MNN website for a month
- Band branded keyring/bottle opener courtesy of Moomin Merchandise
- Throat Pastilles from Vocalzone
The annual winner gets:
- 20 vinyl singles from ‘Byron’s Yard’ for the band to do what they wish with
- A PR campaign from ‘FatAngel PR‘
- A merch box from Moomin Merchandise ready for your merch table
- A paid slot on the ‘MNN Showcase’ gig* to be held in early 2019. Details to be determined but it’s likely to be in the Midlands.
- A full length feature on the MNN website
*2nd and 3rd places in the annual competition also get paid slots at the ‘MNN Showcase’ gig.
Entry is free for all bands to celebrate the UK being the hottest place in the world, England doing a good football and the fact that Love Island must be getting close to the end by now.
To enter please complete this form:
If you don’t have a link to download your single, please email the MP3/WMA file to MNNReviews@gmail.com with the subject ‘BOTB’. Please include your band’s name and a bio.
A massive thank you to our sponsors who are making this all possible:
What if I already have PR representation?
Not a problem. If you have a PR already we will just pass that prize on to the 2nd place team and if they do too 3rd place. We don’t want any of our PR friends losing business over this!
What if a band is no longer together at the end of the year?
If this occurs the highest voted band on the day we find out will be reinstated as a monthly winner. Monthly prizes will not be awarded for this.
We’re not based in the UK, can we still enter?
You can still enter however, should you win, some of the prizes may incur a postage charge. Drop us a message if you’re interested and we’ll discuss the details.
When will I find out if I win?
Winners will be notified the day voting closes via social media and the contact email that you provide.
If I win, when will I get my prizes?
A delivery address for prizes will be requested the day voting closes and an expected delivery date given. For non-physical prizes, your contact details will be given to the provider of the prize who will make contact with you within 7 days of the competition close date.
Anything else I need to know?
If you win the vinyl prize the spec is as follows:
- 2 x songs will created on 7″ vinyl
- Both songs need to be under 4 minutes 30 seconds each
- If you win and your submitted song does not fit that’s fine, just send us two that do in WAV format.
Anything else we need to do?
The only other thing you will need to do is share each social media post that you’re tagged in to direct listeners to the page to vote. Doing this will increase your chances of winning your heat so it is to your benefit.
All decisions will be made by the MNN Editor, Dan Hemming, and they are final.
Note: Prizes are subject to change and may do so from month to month. Entrants will be notified immediately.